Home > Pakistan Army's Flood Relief Efforts
|PAKISTAN ARMY'S FLOOD RELIEF EFFORTS
The data below is updated till 27 August 2010 and the figures are constantly changing.
- On instructions of the Chief of Army Staff, Army was fully mobilized in respective areas for rescue and relief operations.
- 68,000 tons of rations was collected and distributed including 2300 tons of rations from Army's own quota.
- 60,000 Army troops are employed in Rescue and Relief Operations.
- 69 helicopters including 17 helicopters of friendly countries are transporting critical relief supplies to cut off areas.
- Over 100 Army Relief Camps are working across the country.
- Over 8 lakhs (0.8 M) people have been rescued in these operations.
- 15 lakhs (1.5 M) packets of cooked food have been distributed to the affected population.
- All available C-130 Planeshave been dedicated for Relief Operations.
- 1000 boats including 50 life saving Naval boats are busy in rescue operations.
- Pakistan Armed Forces Personnel have donated their one day sallery for their flood effected brethern.
- Over 300 Army doctors are providing treatment to a number of patients.
- Army's veternary mobile teams are vaccinating animals.
Update on Sep 17, 2010
Gujranwala coprs has been instrumental in dipstcah of relief goods to flood affectees during OP LABBAIK .So far corps has dispatched 168 truck load of rations and relief goods to KPK, Balochistan, sindh and interior Punjab.Through continuous air sorties by C 17 from Sailkot international air port relief goods is being dispatched to Balochistan province,so far 465 Tons has been dispatched to Quetta from flood affected brethren of Balochistan.
Update on Sep 13, 2010
Continuing whole hearted support for distressed brethren of Balochistan, Gujranwala Corps dispatched a big consignment of relief goods comprising rations, beddings, utensils, medicine and other essential commodities from Sambrial International Air Port through special C-17 Cargo Air Craft. So far Gujranwala Corps has dispatched relief goods through 17x sorties of C-130 for flood effectees of Balochistan. Apart from dispatch of relief goods through air bridge corps has also transported 139 truck load of rations and relief items to KPK,Sindh ,Balochistan and interior Punjab.
It is worth mentioning here that Gujranwala Corps is continuing collection of relief goods through relief camps established at Gujranwala, Sialkot and Faisalabad even during Eid holidays alongwith dispatching the same to flood effected areas through air and road means. It is also encouraging to note that people from all walks of life are generously contributing and providing relief goods for their flood effected brethren in this hour of need.
- Update on Sep 6, 2010
Gujranwala Corps has been busy round the clock to dispatch relief goods to different parts of the country. So far 104 trucks load of rations and relief goods have been dispatched to KPK , Balochistan,Sindh and interior Punjab.16 sorties of C_130 have transported 239 tonnage of rations and relief goods to balochi brethren. NGOs, independent and corporate firms ,school and colleges are generousnaly donating with Army relief camps established at Gujranwala Garrison.
- Update on Sep 1, 2010
Gujranwala corps maintaining the impetus of relief work for flood affectees has dispatched 84 truck load of rations to KPK,Sind and Balochistan ...whereas over 150 tons of relief goods have been dispatched to balochi brethren through air bridge sorties of C-130. Resident of Gujranwala / Sialkot garrisons including military and civilian persons are donating generously to assist their brethren in the hour of need. New flood relief camp established at Faisalabad is also sharing huge donations for flood affectees brethren in this crisis situation.
Update on Aug 31, 2010
Gujranwala corps has established a air bridge by dispatching 2 to 3 C-130 load to our balochi brethern on daily basis.So far load of over 130 tons comprising essential medicines, ready to eat family food packs,ladies and children's stitched clothes,shoes ,kitchen utensils,tents have been dispatched through ten sorties.Similarly about 500 tons of relief goods have been dispatched to KPK and Sind.A cash of of over 12 M has also been deposited in Central Army Relief Fund,Resident of Gujranwala/Sialkot garrisons including military and civilians are donating generously to assist their brethren in the hour of need
Update on Aug 29, 2010
Gujranwala corps has dispatched 80 trucks load of ration and and 500 tons of relief goods to KPK. Eight C-130s (120 tons) carrying relief goods and ration were dispatched to our brethren at Sibbi and Quetta. Over and above, the ration packets, medicines. clothes, shoes, household items and cash worth PKR 10 M has been deposited in "Central Army Relief Fund".
- Update on Aug 28, 2010
- The Gujranwala Garrison dispatched 41 Lakh PKR (4.1 M) in cash along with 934 tons of relief goods like edibles, dry rations, medicines, ghee, clothings etc. The money and goods were collected by Flood Relief Donation Camps established by the Gujranwala Garrison.
- 21 trucks of relief goods were dispatched from Lahore Garrison to flood hit areas of Southern Punjab and interior Sind Province. Meanwhile the Honorable Ambassador of Thailand handed over a consignment of relief goods at Army Relief Camp, Fortress Stadium, Lahore Cantt. A total of 304 trucks of relief goods worth PKR 22 Crore (220 M) have been sent by Lahore Garrison.
- Special Support Group (SSG) has established the Bases at various stations to regulate the relief goods to flood stricken areas.
- All desirous organizations / persons may deposit relief goods at any of these relief Centres:-
Shahnawaz Shaheed Road
- COD-Rashid Minhas Road
- Transit Camp
Mobile: 0322-6117599, 0323-2422231
- Old Race Course Ground
- Forum near Schon Circle
- Khadda Market near Zamzama DHA
- Expo Centre
Hasan Square Karachi,
- For transportation of relief goods contact on
- Control Centre at Headqarters Logistics Area. Any information pertaining to dispatch of relief goods can be communicated at Kcilogarea@hotmail.com .
- Headquarters Pakistan Rangers, Punjab- Ghazi Road, Lahore Cantt
- Headquarters Pakistan Rangers, Punjab- Airport Road, Lahore Cantt
- Tels: 0423-99220037-8
Pasban Shopping Complex
Army Relief Camp, Garrison Park near Khawaja Safdar road Sialkot Cantt.
Mob No: 0345-5933054
- 0300-4211438 and 0331-8873716
- Flood Relief Camp near District Remount Office
Opposite District Headquarters Hospital
Mob No: 0321-8609282
- FG Degree College, Sher Shah Road
PASCOM: 061-531-3644, 061-531-2217
- Pak Army Southern Command Relief Camp
Mob No: 0321-5622786
- Incharge - Peshawar Logistics Flood Relief operations
Mob No: 0321-4044151
- For further information, please call 0321-9143006
- Incharge Charsadda Flood Relief Operations
Tel: 0333 - 5437991
- Camp Location: Post Graduate College
M.A. Parang Road
Tel: 091 - 6514714
- Incharge - Nowshera Flood Relief operations
Mob No: 0321-4468714
- 29 S & T Pano Aqil Cantt
- FG Inter College
Mob: 0333-9345363, 0300-4003736, 0301-7238988
Mil: 3596 & 3575
- Old CMH Chowk Near Boys Hostel
Mob: 0333-9345363, 0300-9738964, 0300-6453867
Mil: 3596 & 3575
- Stadium Market Oka
- Gar Shopping Mall, Oka
- Sania Park, Oka
- PSO Filling Sta at Sahiwal - Lahore Rd
- APS Bwn
- Chowk Abbasia, DNS & Munir Shaheed Chowk, DNS
- Flood Relief Cells are also operative at following places:-
Bank Accounts for Donations
- Account for Donations in PAK Rupees
The donation in PAK Rupees can be deposited in Army Relief Fund for Askari Bank Limited, General Headquarters Branch, Rawalpindi Account Number: 0028010121825-8
Account for Donations in US Dollars
The donations in US Dollar can be proceeded to JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, NEW YORK USA. SWIFT BIC CODE: CHASU33 for the credit of Askari Bank Ltd, Karachi Branch, Account Number: 001-1-1678273 SWIFT BIC CODE: ASCMPKKA for onward credit to Askari Bank Ltd, GHQ branch, Rawalpindi, Pakistan A/C# 0028010121825-8
Account for Donations in POUND STG The donations in POUND STG can be proceeded to STANDARD CHARTERED BANK, 37 GRACE CHURCH STREET, LONDON, EC3V OBX, U.K. VIA SWIFT BIC CODE: SDBLGB2L FOR CREDIT OF ASKARI BANK LIMITED, KARACHI BRANCH POUND STERLING, ACCOUNT NO: 01-249443401 SWIFT BIC CODE: ASCMPKKA FOR ONWARD CREDIT TO ASKARI BANK LIMITED, GHQ BRANCH, RAWALPINDI, PAKISTAN A/C# 0028010121825-8
Account for Donations in EURO The donations in EURO can be prodeeded to DRESDNER BANK AG, CORPORATE AND INTERNATIONAL DIVISION, ASIA/AUSTRALIA DEPARTMENT, FRANKFURT 60301 AM MAIN GERMANY FOR CREDIT OF: ASKARI BANK LIMITED KARACHI BRANCH EURO ACCOUNT NO: 812781500 SWIFT BIC CODE: ASCMPKKA FOR ONWARD CREDIT TO: ASKARI BANK LIMITED, GHQ BRANCH RAWALPINDI PAKISTAN. A/C# 0028010121825-8
Pakistan Navy Flood Relief Account # 0080100576693,
Askari Commercial Bank Ltd, Blue Area,